Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Frustrating Day

Oh, what a frustrating day today. There were a lot of small things that by themselves would not have been such a big deal, but together it made for a lot of anxiety and frustration. So what was the problem? Well, there is an issue with the date auction- an unpredicted issue. I don't know if it will big become a big issue, I'm handling it the best that I can, so hopefully it will subside. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done for the event, so I really don't need this extra thing to take up more time.

I'm having difficulty in obtaining a special guest for our anniversary celebration and found out some more disappointing news today in that department. I also found out that a restaurant which had donated a gift card for our anniversary celebration has closed- which is particularly annoying because I worked really hard to get that donation. This morning, I was updating our sponsor list for the anniversary event and realized that I had miscalculated the amount of money we had raised for the event. I had added an extra $250 raised. The mistake wasn't a big deal since we're still fundraising, but I was disappointed. Then I had a meeting later today which left me thinking about exactly how great our financial struggles are and how we are ever going to get enough money in to grow the way we need to.

So all and all it was a lousy work day. There were a few other small things that happened too. I don't think there was a single positive thing that was accomplished- if there was, I can't remember it. So right now, I'm feeling anxious and overwhelmed. Overwhelmed because there is so much work to be done and I have so little help, and anxious because I'm afraid of not getting things done and even more afraid of not raising enough money and Project Smile never growing the way it deserves to and the way I want it to. I know these are all useless thoughts, the best thing is to just write today off as a lousy day and move on (it wasn't completely bad, there was some nice family stuff and I was out with some friends tonite). I'm going to go and write my list, then bed. I'm doing two photo shoots tomorrow and I have a pointless meeting out west in the morning, which is a waste of gas money and time, but still has to be done. I'm not planning on reaching anyone at work tomorrow because most people are either leaving early or not in because of the holiday, but I do have a lot of office things that need done.

So until tomorrow friends- next time I promise I won't be a debbie downer!

No comments: