Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome June

How did it become June already? I know that is a stupid question, but things are moving so quickly and I have so much to do! Our first calendar photos in Douglas came out great. I've been reaching out to schedule more photos, I have one scheduled so far. It takes time to hear back from people and then set dates for photos. I need to send invoices to the calendar sponsors who have committed to returning. I also need to work on getting a couple of new sponsors and getting in touch with other past sponsors.

I always feel like I'm behind on things- even though things are moving at the same time frame as last year. I get anxious because I still have so much to do for the date auction and I worry that I'm running out of time- I know we aren't really, but I still get anxious. We need to sign up more guys/ladies to be auctioned, need more sponsors, more gift certificates donated for the couples to use, more gift bag donations, event volunteers. I also need to figure out what to do about food for the event. We can now bring in outside food to Gypsy Bar. Cabot Cheese and Pretzel Crisps are already on board for the event. I would like to do more food, but I need to keep the budget tight. I'm going to reach out to some caterers and see if they would like to donate food. We don't need a lot, but it would be great to have more food. We used to have pizza at the date auction, it wasn't a huge quantity- we definitely could do with more.

We did a follow up donation of stuffed animals, coloring books/crayons and reading books to Sudbury Police department today. The officers were talking about how valuable it is to give out the stuffed animals to children- what a difference it makes for the children. It is great to hear from the officers about the times when they give out our items.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I am tired. I had been doing well with getting to bed earlier, but I slipped back to old habits the last couple of nights and I feel it in the morning. I meant to go to bed early last night, but I got engrossed in reading a supplement in Boston Magazine about all the fun events going on in the city this summer- so many things that I want to check out. Until next time...

No comments: