Thursday, October 25, 2012

Glamour Debut!

Well friends, I am very happy and proud to announce that Project Smile will be featured in Glamour magazine's December issue! The issue hits newsstands November 6 and we will be in the charitable giving section. Glamour reached out to me over a month ago about being included in their charitable giving article. We emailed back and forth, but I wasn't completely sure that we would actually make it into the magazine. This afternoon it was confirmed!

The funny thing is that I've been subscribing to the magazine since I was 16 years old. It was the very first magazine that I had subscribed to and I was so proud to do it- I thought that I was becoming a grown up with my glossy women's magazine subscription! I used to love reading YM magazine when I was a young teen, but my parents would never had allowed me to subscribe to it. When I moved to NYC and was alone for the first time, it was one of my first moves of independence. I can still remember sitting at the dining table in the apartment that I lived and filling out my address on the subscription card- oh, I felt so happy! I used to read the magazine as soon as it arrived every month and then when I moved to Hopedale, the magazine followed me. My younger sisters started to read it, my mom would flip through it. Over the years, magazine subscriptions have come and gone- I've grown up, become interested in other things- developed a love of cooking magazines, but through it all Glamour has always been renewed. I've always been a dreamer, so yes, I did imagine how awesome it would be to actually be in the magazine, but who would have imagined that it would come true? That my little idea has grown so much over the last nine years that it has now made it into a national magazine- amazing! To keep it all in perspective, it is a small mention in the magazine- not a feature article, but that doesn't matter- we are still in Glamour! I couldn't have made it this far without all the generous people that support my work with Project Smile- I hope you know that I share the happiness of this moment with you. Thank you!

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to watch some more of the World Series and continue on my office organizing mission. Until next time friends...

No comments: