Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Latest and Greatest

So what's the latest? Well, yesterday I did our donation of 270 stuffed animals to the Rhode Island State Police. The donation went well. The RISP have a new HQ since I had been there last. It is a pretty impressive looking building.  Here is a photo:
I don't know if you can tell from looking at the photo on our blog, but the background of the building and the sky doesn't even look real- it looks too perfect. The RISP emailed the photo to me, so I'm not sure how the background came out looking that way. I love the photo. They had really nice cameras, so that probably had a lot to do with it. Here is another photo.

I don't know how I'm doing it again, but I've now worn the same dress for the last 3 donations that I've done! For some reason, I seem to do this all the time. If you look at the photos close together, you would think that I either had: hardly any clothes or did all the donations on the same day. Neither of which is true!

Today, I did another donation to a homeless shelter in Roxbury. I had to park on the busy street outside the shelter to unload my boxes. It was just starting to rain and I was struggling to carry two boxes at once when a man who was standing on the sidewalk came over and offered to help. He asked me where I was going and carried the boxes inside the shelter for me. It was such a nice gesture and I was so appreciative. It really makes you feel good when people make an effort to help. We've donated to the shelter a number of times before and they're always happy to receive our items. I will post a photo from that donation tomorrow.

In other good news, we have our first 2014 calendar sponsor on board. It is the Milford National Bank which has been a very long term supporter of our work. They're always so prompt to respond which is really helpful as well. I can't believe it is already time to start working on the 2014 calendar!

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm trying to get to bed at a decent hour- it really makes a difference for a productive morning. However, as much as I try, it rarely seems to happen. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: