Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Date Auction Success!

Well friends- we did it! The Date Auction was a huge success! We raised $21,000 and had approximately 450 guests attending. It was our first time having it at Venu and it was a great space for our event. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that everything went well. It is such a relief. I reminded myself to take a few minutes during the event and slow down and take it all in. I looked out at the crowd of people and I wanted to cry. It was such a lovely sight. We've come so far and work so hard, it is a feeling that is almost indescribable when it all comes together. It a mixture of happiness, pride, disbelief, relief and joy. Our hosts did an amazing job. They worked so well together and managed to keep a high energy level going throughout the event which is no easy task since it is a long auction. They both said they wanted to host again, which is great. I'd love to have them back. Our bachelors/ettes did a wonderful job as well, it was a really good group of participants. Our volunteers and staffers from KF& T did an excellent job as well. They helped make everything run smoothly and I am so grateful. Thank you to our sponsors as well- they are so important to our event.

I posted the first load of photos on our website from photographer Paul Robinson. Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151832518694536.1073741826.50833009535&type=1&l=4039dc9682

Well, now that the Date Auction is over, it is full force on our next big event- the 10th Anniversary Celebration on November 1. We also have a fashion show fundraiser next Thursday. I need to go and do a final proof of the 2014 calendar so we can get that off to the printer. On that note, I'm going to catch up on some emails. Thank you for all the good wishes for the Date Auction. I am so grateful for everyone's support and for everyone who was a part of our event- from the bottom of my heart, thank you for making it a success. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: