Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Overwhelmed

What a day! I have an incredible amount of work to be done and felt so overwhelmed late today. I spent a lot of time working on reaching out to calendar participants- calling police and fire departments, calling other families to be featured in the calendar, as well as Paw Sox and Coast Guard. I did get a number of photo shoots lined up including the Paw Sox, so that was really good. I was also working on date auction planning- our event falls in with Boston Fashion Week, so we want to expand our event somewhat to encompass the fashion angle. Since our target audience is young professionals in Boston- particularly women, it would be a great fit.

Even though it was a productive day today, there was a lot of work that didn't get touched- a grant that is due this weekend, reaching potential Anniversary Event sponsors, raffle items and auction items to name just a few. It is really important to get our calendar photos lined up, so it wasn't like I was wasting my time or working on non-priority items. The problem is that there is a lot to do and I don't get enough of it accomplished during the day. We don't have the budget to hire a staff person and I can't find enough reliable volunteers to assist. I don't know how to solve this problem. I've been trying to restructure my day and really pay attention to the clock. When I'm working on a task, I tend to keep going on it and before I know it, hours have gone by and I haven't gotten to other important tasks. Perhaps by changing that and setting concrete time limits, I'll be able to get more items done on my list.

OK, well that's about it for tonight. I'm going to write my list for tomorrow and then off to bed. Our first photo shoot for the 2009 calendar is tomorrow- Douglas Fire. Until next time friends..

No comments: