Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Monday

I haven't blogged since Wednesday- yikes! So what's new? Well, we are getting another absolutely awesome auction item- 2 roundtrip air tickets from Southwest- no black out dates, no restriction, value of $400 each. How cool is that? I wrote to Southwest a while ago- I think it was February- I hadn't heard back from them and actually wasn't holding out much hope, especially with the high gas prices, I figured the airlines would be cutting back on donations. Then, Friday evening (around 7pm,) the phone rang and it was a lady from Southwest calling to ask for our street address. What a great surprise! She is sending a small banner along with the tickets for display purposes. I know I've said this before, but I am so happy with the auction items. I spoke with the rep from Bejia Rum today and they are on board as a liquor sponsor and will donate their product for the event. I'm trying to work out the details with the hotel, but it looks like we'll be able to offer the guests a free Bejia drink. This is going to be a terrific event!

I had a run-in this afternoon with a very rude man while I was waiting in line to pay my bill at Comcast, he was a customer as well. He was so rude that when I got back to the office, it actually got me thinking of all the people I know who are friendly and helpful. I had been emailing with our web guy today and I decided to take an extra few minutes and let him know how much I appreciate the work he does on our site and what a good job he is doing. I always do try to let people know how much I appreciate their help, but that encounter today reall did get me thinking.

What else is going on? Well, I'm working on trying to finish up calendar photos- we still have quite a few left. I did the Worcester Fire photos this morning. These last ones are always the most difficult, because I have to keep chasing people down to schedule the day/time for photos. It doesn't seem like it should be so difficult. And, I still have those last two calendar months to sell- it is getting urgent now.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. There is probably more that I wanted to write, but as usual, I can't remember- honestly, I should start writing down things that I want to blog about! Off to write my list, read for a bit (reading the new Joyce Carol Oates book, it's good!), then bed. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: