Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Latest and Greatest

So what's new? Well, I was back working on getting gift certificates for our date auction- we don't have enough yet. It actually went well, I only got to make a few phone calls because I ran out of time, but I did get a commitment from a Tremont Street restaurant for a $50 gift certificate, I'll pick it up tomorrow night when I'm in Boston. The manager was so pleasant, it was such a relief talking to him. A lot of times I get a run around when it comes to donating gift certificates. I have to send over a letter and then usually make 3 or 4 or sometimes more telephone calls to follow up, it gets time consuming. So it was great to explain to him over the telephone and get an immediate agreement. He does need a letter, but said to bring it in with me tomorrow. It was such a relief speaking with him, because I had been sort of dreading making the phone calls. It had been difficult when I was working on it before- much harder than getting items for our anniversary auction. So Jeff, thank you for being so helpful!

I also did Framingham Police photos today which went great. I still have quite a few more departments to do- August 1 is our deadline. One more calendar spot has been sold, Jennifer, on our Board of Directors took the spot. She actually told me last week, but I hadn't understood what she meant- I thought she had committed to finding someone for the spot, but she really meant she was going to sponsor the month. Now, we only have two spaces left. Time is starting to run out, so those ads really need sold.

In other good news today- we have two more sponsors on board for the Anniversary event! I am so excited for that event- I just feel really proud of all the work that I've been doing for it (started back in January) and I feel like it is shaping up to be awesome. Of course, we still have a long way to go and I am really nervous about getting enough people to attend, but still, it is a milestone for us and I'm really looking forward to it.

There were other things happening today, but I can't remember right now. I wish that didn't happen- I start to forget what I wanted to write about when i get tired. I suppose that is a sign I should go to bed- so I'm off to send a few emails, then write my list and sleep. Until next time...

No comments: