Monday, July 21, 2008

A New Week

Well, I haven't been doing too well on blogging lately. It's been a whole week! Things have been so busy lately and last week, I was so tired by the time I was done with everything, I didn't have the energy to turn on my laptop. Anyways, its a new week and I'm back! There is some really good news to report- we have a new special guest for our Anniversary Celebration, Gail Huff, one of the lead reporters for Channel 5 news Boston will be attending. She was so nice and I'm really happy that she will be participating.

Other good news- our date auction is getting even more awesome. Melissa, the founder of the Hello Stiletto Shoe Club (of which I'm a proud member!), was able to get Sofft shoes on board to donate sexy high heels for our date auction. Each guy who is being auctioned off will come with a pair of sexy pumps for the winning bidder. How cool is that?? Sexy shoes and a hot date- sounds perfect!

And in even more good news- we only have one spot left for the calendar ads. Now that is good news and bad news- good because there is only one spot left and lousy because there is still one spot left. Everything needs to be wrapped up by August 1. I'll be relieved once the calendar is at the printers- no, actually, I'll be relieved once the cases of calendars are in the office. Until that happens, I always worry that something bad is going to happen and I'll end up without any calendars to sell. Then of course, once I get the calendars, I start worrying about calendar sales... worry- it never ends with this job.

In other news- the DSS donation went great. The woman who was the program director was so happy to have the stuffed animals to give out to children who are entering foster care. It is definitely going to be an ongoing partnership. We donated approximately 300 stuffed animals, so that was only the beginning. DSS works with approximately 40,000 chidren a year, I believe about 8,000 of whom are in foster care. I think that is a shockingly high number and so sad.

What else is new? Probably a lot, since I haven't written a week, but as usual, I'm starting to forget. I have to go and exercise, send some emails and sort out a few office things that I didn't get to today and I'm supposed to be in bed early- I have to be in Hull at 9am tomorrow morning- yikes! However, I am doing Coast Guard photos, so that will be fun.

OK, I'm off to get all my stuff done and still get to bed early- that last part probably won't happen, which would be fine if I didn't have to wake up super early. So until tomorrow friends...
P.S. I'm happy to be back blogging, it didn't feel right when I wasn't blogging last week.

No comments: