Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday News

We are in the last week of October- can you imagine it? It seems like yesterday that I was getting ready for the Anniversary event on October 1, now it is almost a month later! I still have some auction items that I'm trying to get to people too! So what's new? Well, on Friday, we dropped off our donation of stuffed animals, books, toys and crayons for the Morgan Memorial Goodwill childrens holiday party. We're also going to be doing an extra donation for the Department of Children and Families holiday efforts for children. I wish we could do more for kids at Christmas time.

Today, I had a meeting with Melissa who runs the Hello Stiletto Shoe Club and Reggie from Reggie B productions. They are working together on a really cool Santa and Stilettos holiday party which will benefit Project Smile. We will be getting a portion of the ticket proceeds and having a silent auction at the event. We will promote the event to our network too. The party will be on Saturday, December 11 at the Hyatt Regency, Boston (save the date!). There will be a fashion show, complimentary cocktails, appetizers, musicians and other cool things- some of the details are still being worked out. The tickets will be $20 in advance or $25 at the door- definitely an affordable event. I am excited to be involved and I'm glad that they are supporting our efforts. I don't have a lot of time to plan many more events, so it is perfect to be able to participate in events like this- we really need to do more of that.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I have been really tired lately- so tired that this morning- my cell phone, which I keep on the floor next to my bed, was ringing and I didn't even hear it! Tomorrow evening, I will be going to a networking event in the Framingham area. I also need to finish a grant which is due in a couple of weeks. Until next tomorrow friends...

No comments: