Thursday, October 14, 2010

Updates

It has been over a week since my last blog- dreadful! I'm sorry for slacking so much with my blogging lately, I need to rework my schedule and set aside more time for blogging. So what's new? Well, I finally feel back to my usual energy level. Since the Anniversary Celebration, I had been so tired, I kept working on things, but it felt like it was taking me much longer than normal to get things done. I don't know what changed, but yesterday I felt so much better and now I'm back to my usual work. I'm still behind on a lot of things that I didn't get to because of all the attention that was paid to the events for the last almost 2 months, but I'm working on getting up to date with things. The good news is that the date auction raised $18,000- even more money than I originally calculated. Between the two events, it was was a huge success. I'm so glad that things went well- I know I've already blogged about this, but it is such a relief you can't imagine.

In some more good date auction news- we have another love connection! One of the ladies that was auctioned off bid on one of the guys and he also bid on her- they have been inseparable since the event and they just changed their Facebook status to "In a relationship"- which is of course, huge! She actually emailed me this morning about the date auction and said how happy she was to have met the guy and how well things are going. I am so happy for them. It is about time we had another marriage, so I am keeping my fingers crossed! I love to hear happy stories like that. Maybe there have been other love connections too that I don't know about.

In less than positive news, I am still trying to get auction items to people from both events. They are not a lot of items thankfully, but it does get frustrating when you call people and they don't get back to you. I don't know why someone would bid on an item that they didn't want. I did hear back from someone today who bought a gift certificate. He is actually working in an island west of Hawaii and called me so I could process his credit card payment over the phone- if he can call me from the Pacific islands, then there is no excuse for anyone else! I am also still waiting on quite a few payments from calendar sponsors. I know that the sponsors will pay, but it is time consuming to keep following up with people. It also gets frustrating when people commit to something and don't follow through in a timely manner.

So what else is going on? We will be donating again to the Morgan Memorial Goodwill children's holiday party. We've been donating to their holiday party for the past few years, it is such a nice event to be a part of.

I have a lot of grants that I need to work on. Tomorrow, I need to spend time working on grants and I need to work on contacting more police and fire departments to donate to. Well friends, that is the latest. I promise I won't be such a blog slacker- I actually really enjoy writing my blog and sharing the latest news. I am going to read for a bit- I have a few new books from a book swap tonight and from my sister that I want to read and a stack of magazines AND I want to watch the re-run of the Real Housewives of DC reunion show- my favorite guilty pleasure! Until next time friends...

No comments: