Thursday, March 15, 2012

Good Day!

This was a good day! In the first realm of good news- Bridget Blythe is going to cohost our Date Auction, along with Steve Aveson. They are both the morning news anchors on NECN. I'm really happy that they are going to be hosting. It is great to have hosts who are already partners- they already are familiar with each other and know how to work together. It is pretty cool to have TV anchors as hosts. I emailed Bridget this afternoon and she got back to me within 10 minutes. It makes such a difference when people respond promptly. Even if someone can't assist, it helps to let me know- that way, I don't have to spend time following up. Of course, it is even better when people respond quickly and they want to help!

The grant that I've been working on (and delayed working on) is technically done. Now what does 'technically done' mean? Well, it means that I'm in the staring at it phase- the more formal name for this phase would be proofreading, but it tends to be more staring since I've already been proofing it. I've been doing this with grants for years- I finish the grant, do the edits and then stare at it off and on for almost a day before actually printing it out and mailing it. Sometimes, I have changed things that I hadn't noticed before- it's never anything major, but instead little tweaks. There is a lot of pressure when it comes to grants- we really need the financial support, so it is my job to make sure that everything is explained well and convince the foundations of why they should support Project Smile. There is a lot of competition for grant money and we need to be on our game. I've included some great letters of support from DCF and police departments- I think those really help to let the foundations hear directly from the people who give our items from children. I include those letters in almost all our grants- some of the grants that are done online don't allow for attachments.

Well, that's it for tonight. Tomorrow, I'm off to do a donation at Lawrence PD. Then I'm back here to take a few more looks at the grant and get it in tomorrow's mail. I also need to work on auction items and sponsors for the date auction. I'm going to eat my grapefruit and read for a bit. Until next time friends...

No comments: