Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grant Progress

Well, I am happy to announce that grant progress has been made! For those who have been following my blog posts, you will know that this is a cause for a mini celebration. I have been delaying work on this grant for a while. It isn't due until April 1, but I needed to get cracking on it now. Now, just to clarify- there was only a little progress made- two questions were answered completely. However, progress is still progress and as long as I got more done that just fill out my contact info, things are moving forward. Tomorrow morning, I am donating to DCF in Boston and then I'm heading back and working solely on the grant. I'm not even going to write anything else on my to-do list.

It is pretty funny how I will work on the same tasks every year at almost the exact same time without even thinking about it. This happens all the time. On Friday afternoon- when I was about to start working on my grant, I started thinking that I hadn't been working on getting auction items for the Anniversary Celebration and that I really needed to make more progress on that. I opened my excel file of donors and chose 3 companies to reach out to. I searched my email to find last year's email that I had sent them. It turns out that I had emailed all three companies on exactly the same day last year. Obviously, when you're running a business and you work on the same tasks each year, you will repeat things at about the same time- but it seems a little uncanny how often it comes down to the exact same day without my even thinking of it. In good news- I heard from two of the companies this evening that they will be sending gift certificates.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I'm off to eat some canned pineapple with yogurt and catch up on 'Bethenny Ever After'! Until tomorrow..

No comments: