Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happenings and Happenings

Well, this was a very productive day. In the first good news- the grant is in the mail. It actually went out in yesterday's mail. I spent a little more time tweaking some things. I think it was as good as I could do. Now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the foundation chooses to support us. Since I'm on a bit of a grant roll, I need to get cracking on the next one.

In other good news- it looks like we were mentioned in Better Homes and Gardens magazine! I got an email yesterday from a lady who said she read about us in the magazine and wanted to donate stuffed animals. I wrote back to her and asked her which issue we were in. She said it was the 'getting organized' issue. I need to go to the library and see if they have the magazine so I can take a look at it. It is pretty cool to get mentioned in a national magazine like that!

The next piece of good news today was that one of the sponsors who filed for bankruptcy protection last year has sorted things out and they are continuing business and marketing. I'm really happy about that because I had figured they were done with sponsoring events. I saw that their logo was still appearing on events in the city, so I googled the company today and read that they had been bought last year after their bankruptcy protection. I emailed the contact that I have and she wrote back to me immediately with the new person to get in touch with about our event. Of course, this doesn't mean that they will definitely be involved with our event, but at least there is potential.

This afternoon, I was working on auction items for the anniversary celebration. I reached out to quite a few businesses. I also wanted to work on gift certificates for the date auction, but I didn't get around to it. I need to put it on my list for tomorrow.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I should go and send some more emails, but I'm getting a little tired and I want to read for a bit. I might have my grapefruit too- I splurged earlier tonight and had some chocolate soft serve ice cream from DQ- it felt like a summer night and I wanted to celebrate! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: