Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's Happenings

Well, the progress continues on the grant front! Our donation to DCF went well this morning. We donated over 250 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons. It is one of my favorite donations to do. Here is a photo:
There is no legal parking at their location, so I can't leave the car. That's why the photos from DCF are always done in a hurry!

After dropping off the items, I zoomed back to work and got cracking on the grant. I found the grant that we had submitted a few years ago- we received $5,000 from that application, so I've been working from that grant and updating what we need to. There application hasn't changed very much and we are asking for funding for the same program. I was researching for the latest stats for issues related to children to include in the grant. There is a wealth of information on the internet, but some times, it can be hard to find the stats that you need. I spent a lot of time searching and was getting a little frustrated, but finally- just as I was about to take a break, I found what I was looking for. I still have a lot of work left to do, but we're making serious progress. My goal this week is to get the grant finished. It can easily get done in that time frame and there isn't any reason for it to take longer.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. There is a lot more to write about, but I need to work on a few other things right now. Keep wishing me grant writing luck- I need to get it almost complete tomorrow! Until tomorrow friends....


No comments: