Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chugging Along

Well friends, this was one of those quiet, chugging along days. I was working on a large grant that needs to get done. I'm about half way through. We received a $5,000 grant from this Foundation a few years ago, but we were not funded last year. We fit perfectly with their funding priorities. I don't know why they didn't fund us last year, but they must get a lot of applications and obviously they can't fund everyone. I think it is definitely worth it to apply again this year.

I was also working on Date Auction sponsors. I've been reaching out to a lot of companies that would be perfect fits. We're always trying to bring new partners on board for the events. There is always that waiting period when you reach out to sponsors and it takes a while for them to get back to you. You have to give them some time to review the material before you follow up with them. It is really important to keep following up. I was also working on auction items for both events. We've already recruited two bachelors for the Date Auction which is great. I know the events sound like they are very far away, and we definitely have plenty of time, but when you're solely responsible for all aspects of our biggest events, then you realize that they really aren't very far away at all.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Worcester for a stuffed animal donation, then I'm zooming back to get this grant done. I don't want to keep writing it on my daily list! Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to read for a bit before trying to get to sleep at a decent hour. I still haven't adjusted to the hour change, so I've been going to bed even later. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: