Monday, March 25, 2013

Latest and Greatest

So what's new? Well, last week, one of my favorite donations occurred- to Nantucket Police, Fire and the Nantucket nursing home. This also happened to be my first trip ever to Nantucket. Everyone that I met was very friendly and supportive of our efforts at Project Smile. The police department reached out to us to partner with them. The local sheriff's department paid for me to bring my car over to do the donation and be able to meet everyone.  So I loaded up my car and got on the road at the crack of dawn to get on the ferry. We did the donation at the nursing home, so I got to meet some of the residents. Then I was also given a tour of the island which was awesome. Nantucket is a beautiful place. I can only imagine it must be even more beautiful in the summer with everything in bloom. It was a wonderful day because I got to be able to do some work and partner with some new departments and then I got a guided tour of the beautiful island! Here is a photo from the donation- we have some more coming.

So, what else is new besides jetting off to do island donations? Well, today I was working feverishly on  getting auction items- my little fingers were burning up the keyboard. We're 1/3 of the way towards getting all the gift certificates we need for the Date Auction 'couples' to use on their dates, which isn't too bad considering we are six months from the event. I spoke with an awesome business in Brookline which is donating a gift certificate. The owner was so friendly and was happy to donate a certificate- he agreed immediately, I didn't even get to the part where I told him what our event was. I wish everyone could be like that!

Our VIP tickets to the Daily Show with Jon Stewart arrived today. That is always a popular live auction item for our Anniversary Celebration. I need to work on reaching new sponsors for the Anniversary Celebration, I didn't get around to that today. This is a milestone event for us, so it would be great to have some new companies on board as well.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to work on another project for a bit, then head to bed at a decent hour. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: