Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Patient Polly

Ah, patience- one of the least talked about business skills and perhaps one of the most important. You have to have a lot of patience. It takes a long time to get results and you have to be satisfied with baby steps. I forget that sometimes and that's when things get frustrating. You have to be patient and persistent at the same time. We are now at the half way point for getting enough gift certificates donated for the 40 Date Auction couples, which is great. I got some new commitments for gift certificates today. Considering that we are 6 months from the event, we are in a good place.

I was working like a zealot on getting new sponsors for the Anniversary Celebration. I only intended to work for less than 2 hours on it, but I got so wrapped up, I ended up spending a lot longer. One would think that it doesn't take that long to reach out to new sponsors, but it does. You first have to research to find potential sponsors that would be a good fit, then you have to find the right person, then call the person, then email the information over. Sometimes, it isn't easy to find the right person and get their contact info. You frequently have to be a bit of a detective. I didn't get any results today, but I spoke with some people who were interested in being involved. Hopefully, I should have some good news soon in regards to new event sponsors.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I know this is a short post, but I'm getting tired and my eyes are hurting. I'm off to eat my grapefruit, then head to bed. I want to make it a relatively early night. I probably shouldn't say that, because it seems like every time I try to go to bed early, I ended up going even later! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: