Monday, July 15, 2013

Baby Steps

Today was a day of baby steps- that's what I call making small progress on lots of different things. Last night I was getting stressed out that things weren't progressing fast enough on the calendar and Date Auction. Sometimes, I get a little anxious about things- we're only a little more than 2 months from the Date Auction. It may seem like a long time, but for me, it might as well be 2 weeks. In good news, we are doing well on our sponsorship goal and gift certificates for the event couples. We're also getting more people to sign up to participate in the auction. Most of the event marketing is lined up, but there is still some marketing that needs to be confirmed. All in all, we're in a good place for the Date Auction, but that doesn't make it any less nerve wracking. Tomorrow, our email blast with the recruiting flyer goes out to our database.

I did some more calendar photos today at a local fire department. It was really hot, but everyone did a great job. It is funny how much one can sweat just standing there and taking photos. When I got back in my car, I felt like I had been running around. I have another calendar photo scheduled for Friday- I think it is supposed to be a bit cooler then. I need to keep reaching out to get more children featured. The more people that we have in the calendar also helps with getting people to attend our Anniversary Celebration which is the debut party for the calendar.  So far, most of our sponsors are back on board for the 2014 calendar. I do have to find one entirely new sponsor though. Hopefully, that will get taken care of soon.

Well friends, that's the latest for tonight. I'm trying once again to get to bed at a decent hour. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: