Friday, October 18, 2013

Anniversary Count Down!

Yikes- I haven't blogged in ten days! Well, I wish that I could say that I've been on a fabulous all-expenses paid vacation, but that has not been happening. I've been gearing up for our 10th Anniversary Celebration which is only 2 weeks and one day. I can't believe it is so close. It is our last big event of the year and needs to be successful. I've been working on chasing down last minute auction items. Unfortunately, one restaurant that had promised a dinner gift certificate said that they are dealing with a financial hardship and won't be able to donate. I've been promoting the auction item on our event invitation, so it is a shame that they aren't able to help. We won't be able to auction off one of our big items- for the past few years, we've auctioned off a TV Diner "Diner for a Day" certificate- they donated again this year, but sadly the show has been pulled from the air recently.

My major focus leading up to our big event is getting people to attend. I'm in the process of following up with everyone that I sent invitations to and asking people to spread the word and bring their friends to the event. I also decided to advertise again on WhoFish. We advertised with them last year- I'm not sure how effective it was, but the cost is reasonable, so I think it is worth trying again. I've also been reaching out to other Meet Up groups to see if they would like to invite their members to attend. I want to cover all my bases. We don't have a lot of time left, so it is really important to do everything I can to get a good attendance. We have so many awesome auction items, we need a good crowd to bid on them!

Walter, our awesome photographer who donates all his time to help photograph our events, sent over the photos from our Smiling Stiletto fashion show fundraiser during Boston Fashion Week. The event raised $2,500 for PS and went great. Here are two photos from the event. You can check out all the others on our Smiling Stiletto FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.520030188088995.1073741836.113932798698738&type=1&l=ebda927e53

 Well, I need to catch up on a few more emails, eat an apple and head to bed- I'm suppressing the desire to eat some delicious cheese with that apple.. Until next time friends...

No comments: