Friday, August 15, 2014

Auction Dreaming

Greetings friends! So what's new? Well, the other night, I had my second Date Auction anxiety dream of the year. It was so vivid I woke up with my heart racing. In my dream, the Date Auction was a disaster. There was only about a hundred people in attendance- the dance floor in front of the stage looked so empty. In the dream, I was looking out at the crowd trying to figure out what went wrong, how did I mess up so badly. I didn't even know why it had gone so badly. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. I woke up and could barely breathe. There is so much pressure on this event- there is absolutely no room for error. The good thing is that we're in a good place- we're more than half way in recruiting the number of ladies to participate and we're almost half way for the number of bachelors to auction. We have a great group signed up so far, so I'm really happy about that. I've been reaching out to our sponsors to get their ads. I'm having trouble reaching one of our graphic designers- I think she might be on vacation. We have almost 5 weeks to go before the event and I can't spend the entire time in a state of semi-permanent anxiety. We're doing all the same marketing, so I am confident that we will have another awesome event. There is a ton of work that needs to get done before, but as long as I keep going with my usual baby steps, we will be fine.

Of course, there is still the calendar to wrap up and the fashion show and Anniversary Celebration to work on as well as grants. Yes, it is just a wee bit busy! On that note, I'm heading off to bed- my eyes are hurting and my mind is going blank. Until next time friends...

No comments: