Friday, August 8, 2008

Late Night

I should be in bed. It's 2:12am. So what am I doing? Well, I wanted to catch up on all the things I didn't get to today- I did get a lot done, and then I decided I simply couldn't go to bed without blogging! I spent so long today working on date auction program things- the funny thing is that I'm not even doing the layout. Lisa, our graphic designer is doing all that- all I have to do is get her the info. It sounds simple and it isn't brain surgery, but it took so long to go through all the info in the emails that the bachelors/bachelorettes sent me and put it together in a Word document. Then I had to send emails to people that haven't sent their profiles, make sure the photos match up with the person's correct info and other things. It was past 4pm by the time I was done- I started at 1pm. No, I'm not a slow worker, it is just very time consuming.

I was planning on going straight back to work after dinner, but then I read for a little bit and cleaned up- so it was almost 10pm by the time I started work again and I've been working straight through- sending emails, writing letters, thank you cards, signing up to sell tickets through Goldstar, paying bills and so on. It has been a productive night. If my eyes weren't so tired, I could keep going for longer.

Last night, I had a dream that hardly anyone came to our date auction- it was horrific. It was a very vivid dream- I could see how everything was laid out, nicely decorated, the bachelors were all there, everything was in order, except the guests. There were only a few people scattered about. In the dream I was crying because I was so heartbroken and didn't understand what I did wrong-why no one was there. I kept saying, "but I did everything right"- talking about marketing. I woke up and actually had tears in my eyes. So of course, that has me extra concerned about making sure we reach out to as many places as possible to market the event. I think I've been taking all the right steps, but if anyone has other suggestions, please let me know.

Well, I think I'm finally off to bed. I even cleaned up my desk tonight- it was looking pretty bad earlier. And, my camera bag is going away until next year. Photos are done! There were a few departments that I didn't get in, not because of a lack of effort on my part, but there has to be a deadline and plus, we don't have much more space left in the calendar for more photos.

OK, enough blogging. This was actually a pretty quick posting, it usually takes me a lot longer to blog. So until next time friends..

No comments: