Tuesday, August 5, 2008

News

Here I am! I wasn't going to blog- I'm feeling lousy tonight and was going to go straight to bed- no list, no blogging- but then I felt bad about not blogging- I don't want to disappoint my readers! I enjoy blogging too, so it wouldn't feel right.
So what's the latest? In Date Auction news- Sofft Shoes is now also going to donate a pair of high heels for the ladies who receive the three highest bids! How cool is that? We have a ton of ladies that have signed up to be auctioned off, I really need to spend some time getting our program organized and updating the excel list. The guys have been really frustrating how they're not sending me photos and others have signed up and won't send their info.

In other good news, we received a ticket voucher for two tickets to a Boston theatre company's production this season. It was funny how it happened- I had received their flyer in the mail last week and was really impressed- it was a company I had never heard of before. Unfortunately, I can't afford to go to many (or any) shows, but I always enjoy looking at what I could go to. Anyways, it occurred to me that it would be great to have tickets donated for the date auction. I looked online and emailed the contact lady but didn't get a response. I actually got a little annoyed that she hadn't responded. Then I went to the mail today and there was an envelope with the tickets! It is great when things work out like that. I'm not sure yet if we'll use the tickets for the silent auction or raffle or possibly as a date gift certificate, but I'm not sure on that one.

What else happened today? I did Grafton photos- only one more photo shoot scheduled and that's tomorrow. And in big news, Lisa has the first version of the calendar ready! She emailed it to me early this morning. It is looking great- she does a terrific job. There are some changes that need to be made- photos that need moved, etc., but that is typical.

I have so much work to do tomorrow- a lot of emails to respond to, date auction things and event program things that need sorted out and more. I'm supposed to be in Boston in the afternoon, but I'm going to try and change that- I need to get office work done and I'm trying to cut back the driving. I have to be in Boston on Thursday evening, so I'll see if I can combine things.

Well, blogging has actually made me feel not quite so crummy- I was feeling achy and gross. But I am still going to bed early- it is 12:07 now and since I don't usually go to bed until after 1am, this is early. Hopefully, with a good sleep, I'll be back to normal tomorrow. So until tomorrow buds...

No comments: