Monday, August 18, 2008

Out of the Abyss

It's late and I still haven't exercised, but I didn't want to go to bed without blogging. These last few days were really difficult- a lot of stress and anxiety. I can't go into the details of it, but it was a lot of small things that together made for some stressful days. I don't think stress is even the right word for it- they were days that make one feel a little shaken and a little lost. But last night, I was determined that I would not wake up this morning and lose today- and even though last night I fell asleep without writing my list and didn't exercise this morning- two important things that get me going in the morning- I sat down at my desk with my cup of tea in my Halloween mug and got right back to work.

You know what happened? I won today and that spark that has kept me going when it looked like nothing would ever work out- the spark that had disappeared since Thursday- was back. There was no incredible achievement today- but it was productive work. There was a funny story though. I had been on the Yelp.com website a couple of weeks ago because someone had recommended it for promoting the date auction. It is a cool site that lets viewers rate different businesses, restaurants, venues, events, etc. that they visit. So today, I was working on date auction promo and I decided to sign up on Yelp in order to promote the date auction (it is a cool site anyways and I probably would have signed up regardless). I was reading their info about promoting your business and found it a little confusing, so I decided that I would post the event later in the week then try to get more info about promoting it with them. About an hour after I signed up, I receive an email from a lady from Yelp inviting us to partner with them to promote the date auction. I was incredibly impressed and figured that Yelp must do some research into new people that sign up and had somehow found out about the date auction. I immediately called her back and it turns out she had no idea that I had just signed up for Yelp! It was all a complete coincidence. So we are going to be working with them and they will help promote the event. It is a fun website and really helpful too, so I hope people check it out and of course, check out our event and maybe become my friend on Yelp too!

Our calendar is in final check stages- which means that I am double, triple, quadruple checking it for errors, typos, pages in order, etc. We finally have all the photos where they need to be, ads are in place, the cover is just getting a little more work done. I have checked it so many times, but I am always afraid that I've missed something. Lisa should be all done with it by tomorrow, then she sends the disk to me and I bring it up to Peacock Press for printing! Lisa does awesome work, I feel so lucky to have met her and she is just so cool to work with because she never gets annoyed about making changes and always gets stuff done quickly.

I was back at work on date auction items today- it doesn't look good for those gift certificates that I talked about last week, so I'm hustling to get more stuff. I totally thought I was done with this. You can't imagine how difficult it has been to get stuff donated in Boston- a lot harder than it is to get gift certificates locally. I made a lot of calls today, so hopefully I will get at least one or two items from today's places. However, we still need 14 more gift certificates.

Well, that's it for tonight. It's 12:30 and I'm trying to decide whether to exercise or not. I haven't exercised in 4 days (dreadful), but I'm getting tired- what shall I do?? I know this is an incredibly exciting decision! Either way, I'm off until tomorrow- I'm glad I didn't miss blogging tonight! Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred is calling my name...exercise- here I come! good night!

No comments: