Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday's Latest

No blogging for two days- yikes! So what's new? We had a group of Boston University students come to our warehouse space in Worcester to help sort and box a ton of stuffed animals. It was a group of about 15 freshmen students who are involved in a community service organization run by BU- they were so enthusiastic and did an awesome job. We hadn't had a volunteer group up there since January, so there were thousands of stuffed animals to sort. I remember the days when I had to sort the piles of stuffed animals that came to Worcester by myself. Sometimes, Carolee, the marketing director for Paul Davis Restoration (the company that gives us space in their warehouse to use), would help, but it would take absolutely forever.

What else is going on? Well, I didn't take Wednesday off work, there was way too much to do and I am going to work tomorrow (way too much to do). I'm not expecting to reach many people in the office, but there are auction items that I need to follow up on, web updates to send to our web god, date auction program that needs edited, office that needs cleaning, thank you notes to send, the almost desperate pursuit of gift certificates for the date auction, anniversary invitations to get ready to be sent out, an office that needs cleaned- and there are probably a few other things that I'm forgetting.

I had so much else that I wanted to blog about, but now I can't remember. I was even thinking of things when I was driving home tonight- but now, all I can remember is what I have to work on tomorrow. Oh, our blueline proof of our calendar is ready! The printer called me this morning to tell me I could come and see it. The blueline proof is awesome because it is literally a blue copy of what our calendar will look like. I could go up tomorrow morning and check it (they are working a half day tomorrow), but I think I will wait until Tuesday. I really want to get things squared away tomorrow before the new month arrives. That may sound a little silly, but September kicks off a super busy fall season and I want to start it on a fresh page and not carrying over a bunch of things that should have been already taken care of.

Well friends, that's it for tonight- it is early, 11:54, and I'm going to have some yogurt (ah, so healthy!) and go to bed early. Until next time...

No comments: