Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Butterflies

No- I don't mean those beautiful flying creatures- I mean the ones that nestle deep inside and signify major anxiety. We are only 3 days away now and I am so nervous. There are still a ton of little things that need to be done- but still important things (bid sheets, introductions for the guest speakers, my speech, etc.) I was up until 2:30 last night working on the bid sheets and still have a lot left to do. It is a simple process, but it takes time because you have to describe each item, establish a minimum bid, sometimes do a promo sheet for the item and clip everything to a folder (less bulky than clipboards). I keep looking at the items and all I can think about is I hope people show up and bid- I don't want to imagine what a disaster it would be if these items don't sell.

Anyways, this needs to be a quick blog, because I have to get back to work. My goal was to get all the sheets done tonight, but I don't think that's going to happen. I was getting stressed out tonight and annoying myself because I couldn't find two hotel gift certificates, so I left a good friend a slightly wacky voicemail, she called me back and we ended up talking for an hour and a half, which was great- I totally needed to take my mind of stuff and she's always good company anyways, but I obviously didn't get any work done. I just feel not ready for Friday and that is a dreadful feeling- so I need to get ready and priority one is finishing bid sheets. I also need to slow down and think the event through- I did that many times with the date auction- visualized the event from the set up to the end and that let me think of potential problems that could arise and address them. It also helps me feel calm, because although this may sound silly- when the event happens, I feel like I've already walked through it and I know what to expect.

Well, it is 12:04, I am going back to work. I also have to find a gift certificate that has gone missing- temporarily I hope. It's the car washes gift certificate. It will turn up, because they are all in one box, but I haven't found it yet. I really feel like popcorn. That was random- I know. But I feel like eating popcorn and doing my bid sheets.

In case you were wondering, there is other stuff going on besides anniversary event work, but the main focus is Friday, that's why it is all I'm talking about- because it is basically all I'm thinking about and it is so incredibly important.
Until next time friends... P.S. I found the hotel gift certificates right after I left the dorky message.

No comments: