Thursday, September 4, 2008

Latest News

Greetings! Sorry for not blogging yesterday. I wasn't being a bum though- was up until 3am working- sending out invitations, working on the date auction program and catching up on emails. It has taken a long time to get those invites out- but I almost done. I know I keep saying this, but I am so anxious about getting enough people to attend the anniversary event- the date auction too- but the anniversary event in particular. This morning I met with the sales manager at the Doubletree Hotel to go over the details for the event. The meeting went really well, she was really nice and we got a lot accomplished. It is a great venue for our event and I'm so glad that we are holding it there again. I felt so excited for our anniversary when I left the hotel, it is shaping up to be a fantastic event.

I got unexpected news that kind of derailed things for me this afternoon. I can't go into details, however, it is related to one of our upcoming events. It did get me thinking about destructive people. It blows my mind that there are people out there who wish to bring harm to Project Smile out of some bizarre personal issues. I have spent the last 5 years of my life trying to build an organization that is simply dedicated to helping children. I work hard, it is a constant struggle to find the resources for us to grow, I work alone for the most part, with little help. All I've ever wanted is to make things better in the world, even if it is only in one small way and I want to create something that will continue helping others long after I am gone. It's pretty simple really. My greatest happiness besides my family is that Project Smile is growing and we are making a difference.

Now, I am no stranger to destructive people- I have met many in my life and I have personal experience repairing what others have tried to destroy. However, the fact that someone wants to create difficulties and obstacles for our work is unreal. But rest assured, that no one and nothing will get in the way of our mission, particularly not someone with baseless claims.

Anyways, enough on that topic. I can't remember all the other things that I wanted to blog about! I'm going back to work- have a ton of emails to respond to, more date auction work to do and more invitations to send out. I don't really want to stay up until 3am again, so since it is now 12:50, I need to get going. Good news- the Huntington Theatre donated gift certificates for two couples, so now we are down to 7 gift certificates needed.
Until next time friends...

No comments: