Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hours Away

Well, here we are- only hours away from the date auction. Nine months of work all comes down to 2 1/2 hours tomorrow. It doesn't seem real in a certain way that it is actually almost here- for so long it seemed so far away- I've worked so hard, I can't believe it is all coming down to what happens for a few hours tomorrow night. Part of me feels strangely calm, but I'm also as nervous as heck. I've tried to think of everything possible for tomorrow so that our event runs smoothly, I still have a couple of little things to do tonight, but I don't think I'm forgetting anything. We've exceeded our goal for advanced ticket sales which is good, but we do need a lot of door sales tomorrow. None of the bachelors/ettes have cancelled, our program is printed and looks awesome, the cc machine is running, I have plenty of small bills for change, gift certificates for every couple, extension cords, lamps, raffle tickets, guest list, volunteer list- I don't think I'm missing anything. One of the most important things tomorrow is to stay calm- no matter what happens, what goes wrong, as the leader, it is my responsibility not to get flustered and to keep things running smoothly.

I don't know what else to write about tonight- I had a busy day getting things organized for tomorrow, I picked up our sports items in Braintree and also stopped at Konditor Meister (the best cake place ever!) to order our Anniversary Celebration cake and then came back to work. I really am nervous for tomorrow- my face feels like its burning up. I just want things to be OK- obviously I want things to be better than OK, but I want it to go smoothly, for everything to work as it should, people to show up, donations to be made- we need this to be a success so badly. Whatever happens tomorrow, I am proud of all the work that went into it and I know that I did everything I could to plan a successful event, but that doesn't make me worry any less.

Well, since I don't have anything original to write about it tonight- I'm going to go finish up a few things, repaint my toes (must have pretty toes for tomorrow night), try on my dress to make sure I actually want to wear it (I am getting auctioned off after all!) and then bed at a decent hour.
Please wish me luck friends.... I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: