Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tidying Up

Well, good news to report tonight- my office is clean, I'm almost all caught up with things that needed done and I finished my Fall newsletter (formerly called October news)- hooray! I've turned my PS wall calendar to November already and will turn the desk calendar too when I go back in there. There is something depressing about walking into a room with an outdated calendar and I'd like to avoid that on Monday night. I have a few more emails to send, then I'll be done and ready for my Baltimore trip. I don't travel very often, so it is kind of a big deal when I do. I have to remember to pack a notebook, because I have a long train ride and that will give me good thinking time. I'm excited for my trip, and I'm also excited to come back to work next week, because I feel like I'm turning a page- the events are over, I'm caught up with all the small stuff that has been hanging around, bills are paid, I still have a few auction items that need to get to people, but other than that it is full steam ahead on calendars, grants and regular work and meeting with the event planner on Wednesday.

I did our second donation to DSS today- they are now known as the Department of Children and Families. We donated over 200 stuffed animals and coloring books/crayons as well. I wish we could do more work with them- they have so many children to help and so few resources, it is incredibly difficult. They are working on collecting Christmas gifts for children right now. It is so sad to think of kids not getting gifts. I wish I had the ability- both personally and with Project Smile to do more. We're also working with Goodwill again this year to donate stuffed animals for their childrens party. We had some beautiful boxed stuffed animals donated recently which will be perfect for that.

Well, that's it for tonight. I'm off to Baltimore in the morning- please wish me happy travels! I'm taking my laptop, so I may be blogging from the land of crabs (the good kind). Now I need to go and finish packing (hate packing- I always feel like I'm forgetting things and not taking enough stuff or taking too much), send one more email and get to bed before 1:30. Until next time friends..

No comments: