Saturday, October 4, 2008

Success and Thank You!

We had successs! People turned up and had a good time, everything went smoothly and we raised a good amount of money! I am so happy and so relieved. I want to thank everyone who showed up tonight, I can't even begin to explain how much it means to me. Thank you as well to everyone who volunteered and helped out tonight to make everything go well. Mike did a great job with the LCD projector and taking tons of photos (I can't wait to see them!). Lisa and Krysta did a fantastic job singing our song. Jennifer and Alison and Carolee helped with registration and payment. Dick Ferrucci did a fantastic job as host and auctioneer. A big thank you to Gail Huff and J.C. Monahan- they were perfect! It was so awesome that they attended. To all my friends who were there- thank you for making the effort and supporting my work so much. Basically, I just want to say a huge, heartfelt thank you to everyone who was there and everyone who so generously helped sponsor our event and has supported our work.

The hotel did a great job- Tom, the banquet manager was a big help in making our display look more attractive. He really made an effort to decorate and the room looked terrific. The balloons looked great too- the lady at the balloon store had recommended the color scheme and it looked so pretty. Anders, the jazz musician did a great job. Kim and the Silpada lady had great looking tables too. The Beija Rum was a huge hit- everyone loved the drinks!

I know I'm rambling- but I'm so happy and just want everyone to know how much I appreciate their support. I'm so glad that it went well. Besides the money we raised and the success of the event, I am glad that I made a good business decision for Project Smile in hosting this event. The inredible amount of time that was spent- time that took away from our core mission- was absolutely worth it. There is a lot of pressure when you're responsible for every business decision made and now, with the success of tonight's event, a little of that burdent is lifted.

So how much did we raise? Preliminary number is $7,500, but that doesn't include the large amount of auction items that people bid on but had to leave before the event ended. I don't count that money until it is in hand. So I need to recount everything to make sure I didn't make mistakes.

I am now going to have a slice of chocolate anniversary cake that I brought home, then go to sleep- it is 1:20. Tomorrow, I'm returning the PA system we rented, then calling the people who left bids. It is always fun to see who bought what items- I really enjoy that.
Anyways, off I go. Good night friends! Thank you again to everyone who helped make tonight a success!

No comments: