Friday, October 10, 2008

Wonderful Break

This is going to be a super fast blog- my goal is to be in bed in 12 minutes. I have to be up early tomorrow morning and it is already approaching 2am. So what's new? Well, I had a wonderful afternoon today and it had nothing to do with work! The morning got off to a lousy start with an annoying email, but I moved through some things quickly, got the grant in the mail and went to my 1:30 meeting with the event planner- it went really well and hopefully we will be able to work together on fundraising events. By the time I was done with that, it was a little after 3pm- I was going to the circus (for the very first time!) and could have gone back to work, but decided to go into Boston, enjoy the fantastic afternoon, pick up my tickets and relax! It was wonderful. I'm so used to being rushed and always heading to one place or another, it was great to be in the city and not have anywhere that I needed to be for 3 hours. I walked around a little, read for a little, had a delicious sandwich- I can't begin to explain just how happy I felt. Then I went to the circus which was kick ass awesome! I'm still riding my circus high.

So what's my point in sharing my afternoon? It is so important to take a break and really relax. I already knew it was important, but I don't do it very often. I take breaks, but even when I'm not working- I'm thinking about work. This afternoon was so unusual because I didn't think about work- I did have one work related call, but it was with someone that I'm close with. The rest of the time, I just enjoyed the moment. I really need to do this more often. As you probably already know, I love my job, so it's not that I want to get away from work, I want to take a break from the stress and pressure.

There is a lot more that I wanted to write about, but it is already 2:18 and I need to sleep. I already exercised tonight- which is part of the reason why I'm going to bed this late. I hadn't exercised in a week and couldn't go any longer, and in the morning I won't have time- so that means midnite cardio blast it was. I'm going to be on the road for a good portion of tomorrow.

If there is anyone out there who hasn't been to the circus (I think I'm the only one who's 28 and never been)- please go! It is tons of fun. I'm off to bed- still on my circus high...

No comments: