Thursday, October 16, 2008

Worcester and Halloween Stress

So what's new? I was back working in Worcester today- I reached 10 elementary schools today and I have 9 more to go tomorrow. It has been a long, rocky week- there is a personal and work related issue that has been really stressful as well, but will hopefully be resolved soon. The Halloween event is still in trouble- we've lost a few more participants- people that committed months ago to attend our event and now back out, only a week before and leave me with no options to find replacements. It is incredibly frustrating. There are other people that have yet to confirm- these are important safety participants as well. I really don't understand why it takes so long for people to respond, I know I'm not perfect- but when someone leaves three messages and all you have to do is call back and say 'yes, I'll be there' or "no, I won't"- it only takes 30 seconds.

I don't what to keep griping, but it is really troubling to have an event lined up and people that aren't going to be there and others who won't get back to me- and there is little that I can do. This event was supposed to have been all set months ago.

I haven't heard back yet from the event planner who I met with last Thursday. I thought she had said she would be getting back within a week and I was really looking forward to seeing what ideas she had and hopefully working with her. She seemed enthusiastic about it too and also seemed very professional, so maybe I will hear from her soon.

Tomorrow, I'm back to finish the elementary schools in Worcester and then maybe head to the warehouse to go over some details for the event. Then I have to be here to work on reaching more Halloween participants, doing our October newsletter and sending info to Lisa for our event program and I need more event volunteers- that isn't going very well either.

Well, I'm off to bed. I really don't mean to be gloom and doom- it's just difficult right now with the way things are going with this event and other issues that I have to sort out. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: