Monday, January 12, 2009

Good Start

Greetings! Our week is off to a good start- I wish every day would feel as productive. The dates/locations for our two big events are set. Our 3rd Annual Date Auction will be Friday, September 18 at the same location as last year. They were enthusiastic to host our event again which is great. It was a bit of a turn around since it took a bit of negotiating last year to get them on board for what we needed. Anyways, I'm glad it worked out- it feels great to pick the phone and in less than a two minute conversation, have the date/location set for our big event. Since I was on a roll with event planning, I decided to call the Doubletree and book our 6th Anniversary Celebration which will be Friday, October 2. It is a relief to have those dates set, now comes the hard part- getting sponsors, auction items, participants and eventually attendees. It feels like yesterday that I was starting work on last year's events. Of course I'm worried about how the economy will affect sponsors and auction item donations, but all I can do is work hard and move forward.

Lisa is working on our Mother's Day Tea flyer and the flyer for our 1st Annual Awesome Mom award which I'm really excited for. I wish I could nominate my own mom for that, she totally deserves an award for everything that she has done, all that she has gone through and everything she still does- words can't describe how much I love her. Anyways, I could go on about my mom forever, but I'll stop. I sent the updates to our web host, so he'll be updating our events page shortly and then we can start selling tix. I also need to locate a salsa band to perform at the Valentine's event, I posted it on the Berklee site but haven't had any responses yet.

In other good news, the event planner and I finally settled on a suitable event name and the flyer is in its final revision. The original name didn't really go with the entertainment at the event and it really didn't jive with the flyer that Lisa did (which did go with the event). Kait got some ideas from someone and from that list we settled on a cool name. It actually took quite a long time. I can't imagine how hard it must be to name a baby if naming one little event took this much work! Kait also came up with another good idea for entertainment- bodypaint. There's a few options on how we can work the bodypaint in, so I'll keep you updated. Don't worry- I will NOT be decked out in bodypaint! We're also having a best lips contest and a tacky pick-up lines contest. I'm feeling better about the event and I feel that as long as we have kick-ass marketing and all the entertainment that we have planned gets put into action- we will have a very successful event.

What else is new? Probably other things, but now I'm getting tired. It is only 12:26, but I need to go to sleep. I was at an event tonight and picked up an autographed book for our silent auction. Tomorrow morning, I'm in Braintree looking at the indoor race track for an event that I want to hold there in October. Then I'm back to work on Mother's Day event, contacting new departments and finishing my 2009 plan- yes, it still isn't done. At the rate I'm going, I'll have it finished sometime in August. I also wanted to read a bit tonight, but my eyes are heavy. I've been reading Devil in White City- such a great book.

Well, that's it for tonight. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: