Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not Such a Good Day

Well, today was not such a good day. This morning, I was rushing to answer my cell phone and I stubbed my toe on a chair and I think I broke it. I don't know for sure, but is very painful and I'm hobbling. This is especially bad since I just signed up for tango classes! So, I spent pretty much all today in pain and that affected how much I got accomplished. I know it shouldn't have gotten in the way, but it was hard to focus and I didn't get all the planning done that I wanted to. I'm feeling so sad right now, I just finished watching the Patrick Swayze interview with Barbara Walters. It made me cry- it's so sad to see someone so sick and dying well before it's their time. Obviously, I don't know him personally, but Dirty Dancing is one of my favorite movies. Seeing him on television reminded me of how my grandfather looked when he had cancer. It is so terrible to see someone you love in so much pain and not be able to do anything to help.

Anyways, I need to get off this sad subject and onto more cheerful news. The Valentine's event is moving forward- Lisa, my beloved graphic designer, is working on the flyer. We have a salsa school on board to offer salsa lessons at the event and we will be doing a special contest and some other cool things as well. The Mother's Day event is going to be awesome- I'm really excited for that. I was in contact with an indoor racing track today, I want to hold a racing fundraiser there later this year. I'm meeting with the event planner tomorrow, we have a lot to discuss between the VDay event, mom's day and other events. I need to go and write a list of all the items we have to cover, so I don't forget anything.

I think that's it for tonight- the toe pain is really distracting. I know I just have to ignore it, but it is kind of hard to do. It hurts like a bugger even when I don't move my foot. I still haven't finished my plan for 2009 which is really important and I have a list of other things that I need to get done. I feel really anxious about things tonight- both personally and with Project Smile, but I think some of the anxiety is because of the toe pain and I'm worried that it is broken and I can barely walk. Anyways, enough of me being Patty Pathetic- I'm going to go eat some grapefruit, write my list for tomorrow, which will include half of today's list and write my list for my meeting with Kait. Until tomorrow friends... please wish me a better toe day!

No comments: