Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tired

Greetings! So what's new? Not a whole lot- I'm a very tired little monkey right now. Today, I had a meeting with a well known PR/marketing company in Boston. The meeting went well. I'm not sure if we will work together, it depends on the package they send over and the financial arrangement. Even if we don't work together, I am still glad that I met with them. Every time that I speak about Project Smile is good practice- there is no such thing as ever having too much practice. Over the years, I have refined what I say and how I say things. I was listening to myself today as I spoke and I think I did a good job in talking about PS and what are goals are- long term vision, event plans for this year and 2010 and our need for increased exposure and funds. I think this company could really help us. I hope they send over a proposal that is understanding of our limited funds. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Tonight I spoke with a local Rotary Club that recently made a donation to Project Smile. They have supported our work with a donation for the past 3 years and I like to stop by every year and thank them in person and give an update on our progress. I also brought calendars with me as a thank you to the members. There was a funny moment though at the Rotary meeting. They gave me the basket to pick the winning tix from- I picked the tix, but I couldn't read the number properly. I didn't have my glasses on, which I usually isn't a problem, but the print was rather light. So I read the number (or what I thought was the number) out loud- except I was reading it upside down! They were awfully nice about it and we all laughed. I finally managed to read the right number- it was pretty funny.

Anyways, what else is new? I can't remember. I am so tired, my eyes are hurting and I have a bit of a headache. I'm going to go eat grapefruit (really enjoyed it last night) and go to bed. Or maybe I'll forget the grapefruit and just go to bed. The suspense builds... what will Catherine choose??? Grapefruit or bed?? I will let you know tomorrow.. Good night friends.

No comments: