Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1 1/2 Weeks to Go

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I blogged- I also can't believe our date auction is next week! This is going to be a short posting, it is already 1:24 and I need to be in bed soon. I don't know what's wrong with me, last night I started feeling really nauseous and ended up throwing up 3 times during the night. I can't imagine it was anything I ate because my whole family ate together at home and no one was sick to their stomach. I don't have any other symptoms and today nothing happened, I just feel a little queasy, probably because I didn't eat much today. I am so anxious about everything, but we are doing OK. I downloaded our PayPal reports from last year and we have sold 3 more tickets today than we did the same time last year. We need to sell 7 more by Friday to match the amount sold last year, one week away from the auction. To be equal to last year in advance tix sales is good, especially since last year was a big success, but for some reason, that news got me anxious. Probably because I always want to do better- equal isn't good enough, we always have to do better.

What else is new? I started mailing out our anniversary event invitations today. I sent out a lot, but still have a lot more to send. I do a combination of email marketing and actual old fashioned mailed invitations for the event. It does get costly, but it is successful in reaching people. The invitations look beautiful. They are similar to last year's, but updated.

Tomorrow, I will be on the road for a good portion of the day. In the morning, I'm heading to the printers to check our blue-line calendar proof- it is literally a blue copy of our calendar. Then our sports auction item dealer is meeting us at the printer so I can pick up auction items for next week, then I'm off to Boston to pick up a bunch of restaurant gift certificates and a silent auction item. I wish I didn't have to do so much driving since there is a ton of work to do here, but these are all important things. I'm still 8 gift certificates short for date auction couples. Maureen, one of the ladies being auctioned, is so awesome. She already got 3 great certs. donated and today, after I told her I still needed help, she got another great item. She has been such a big help. I put a posting on Facebook last weekend that I was looking for gift certs. and one of my friends sent me a message saying he would buy a $100 gift cert. for us. How nice is that? Honestly, I wouldn't be here without all the people that help, it really means so much.

Well, there is a lot of other things going on, but I'm getting a headache and need to sleep. I can't get sick this close to big events, so it's important to get enough sleep. Until tomorrow friends- I promise I won't be a blogging slacker again this week!

No comments: