Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2 1/2 Weeks, 2 1/2 Million Nerves

Well, here we are- 2 weeks and 4 days to the first biggest event of the year. How are doing? I think we're doing OK. Tix sales are starting to pick up, we sold 7 today. We're still short on gift certificates, but I did get news this afternoon that we are receiving 4 more shortly. Going.Com will also be promoting our auction. I'm feeling incredibly anxious and stressed, but I do know that I'm doing everything I can to make this event a success. It is being promoted on every possible outlet I can think of- that is critical. We have beautiful ladies signed up, hot guys, our rental equipment is all set, hosts are ready, I'm still waiting on some program ads and sponsorship checks and working on more gift certificates for the couples and I need the completed profiles for some of the guys, but things are doing OK. I keep asking myself what else I can do to make our event a success? Is there something I'm missing? I don't know what more I could be doing. I'm going to keep working really hard and trying to relax a bit. It is dreadful how anxious I get about these events. There is just so much pressure, it can be overwhelming.

Our harbor cruise went well last week, we raised $250. It is a small amount of money, but considering we didn't have to do anything but show up with volunteers, that works out well. Some of my friends came to help and they did a really good job, it is always nice when you get to work with your friends around. We had other volunteers too who helped a lot.

Our check arrived today from the BJ's Charitable Foundation- such a wonderful sight. That baby is getting run down to the bank first thing in the morning. It is such a relief that we received that grant. Relief is actually an understatement. We also received a $100 Bob's Discount Furniture gift card today for our Anniversary Celebration and we received a $30 donation from interns at Bank of America in CA.

I'm so tired, I need to sleep. I think there are a lot of things that I've probably forgotten to write about. I haven't heard back from the Wendy Williams Show about which bachelor is going to be on the show, so I'm a little concerned. I made a follow up call and email today to the producer, but haven't heard back yet. The Sofft Shoes arrived today for the bachelor to give Wendy and they are absolutely beautiful.
Anyways, it is 1am and my eyes are hurting. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: