Thursday, July 22, 2010

Back on Track

Ah, what a week- I can't believe it is almost over. I started getting sick on Sunday night and I was sick for the next few days. I did get a little done, but not enough by a long shot. It is so hard to get anything done when your sick. At least I have the luxury of being able to take a sick day when I need it, but it is also hard to know that there is no one else that can help get stuff done. I was back to work yesterday, so that was good. Today was a calendar photo day- I did photos in Quincy. We had a really good turn out as usual, they are a very supportive department. The photos came out great. Then I was in Marlboro doing photos there, they came out really good too. There are twins in Marlboro who have been in the calendar for quite a few years, this was the best photo shoot with them. I got some really cute photos of the girls sitting on top of the police cruiser.

This morning, I was at the police academy recruiting single police officers for the date auction. That is always a fun time! It is very formal there- the recruits stand up when you enter and everything is 'yes ma'am', etc. A friend, who is a police Lt., organizes it for me- he comes with me and speaks to the recruits about his experiences with giving stuffed animals to children, then I speak about PS and then talk about the date auction and recruit! They are usually a receptive group. I also did a group photo of them for the calendar- some of them held stuffed animals for the photo. The photos came out really well.

So what else is going on? The major focus is wrapping up calendar photos- I have 2 photo shoots scheduled for tomorrow, then I have 4 more that still need to be scheduled. Tomorrow, I'm going to be choosing calendar photos. Leni, our volunteer, usually helps with that. It really helps to have someone else to give feedback on the photos. Choosing the pics is one of my favorite parts. Sometimes, I like it even better than taking the photos- which I love. I really enjoy looking through all the photos and choosing the best ones.

I also need to keep working on auction items- we still have a long way to go. I've been following up with people who promised items, but haven't delivered yet and I've been reaching out to those who I haven't heard back from and I'm still contacting new places. It is a long, slow process to get items donated. It is amazing how much follow up it takes.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I was going to get some more work done, but I'm getting kind of tired and I think I will just write my list and go to bed. Until next time...

No comments: