Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slowness

Well, today was not the most productive of days. I worked really hard, but don't have much to show for it. That is hardly anything new- there are plenty of dates where I work hard but don't see any results. My biggest concern right now is that I need more fire fighters for our date auction. We only have a few so far and I need 12. The fire fighter who has been helping is still working on it and we do have plenty of times, but I get very anxious. The fire fighters are such an important part of our event. It is always slow getting the guys signed up, I go through this every year, but it is still nerve wracking. I like to have things all set up and ready to go well in advance. I asked one of the FF who signed up to help recruit as well, he said that he would. I've also placed more calls to the FF who did it last year, but haven't heard back from anyone today.

I'm still trying to set up the remaining photo shoots for our calendar- that gets a little frustrating too when you have to keep following up with people to set up photo shoots. I also need to find that last half month sponsor as well and follow up with sponsors who still need to send checks.

I was working on auction items too, I did get through to some people today and got more commitments for auction items for the anniversary event, so that was good. Barefoot Wines is on board as the liquor sponsor for the anniversary event. Each guest will receive a complimentary glass of wine with admission. I'm happy to have them on board, it is a really nice addition to the event.

I've sent our date auction flier updates to Lisa, so we should have our event flier ready to go in a few days. I have to decide what I'm going to do about advertising in one of the Boston magazines, I don't want to spend the money, but I'm concerned about losing that marketing. I have another few weeks to make up my mind.

The date auction is only 2 months and 3 days away now, I can't believe it is coming up that quickly. There is still so much that needs to come together- most importantly getting the rest of our bachelors lined up, a lot of marketing work that needs done, gift bag items that need to be received, more auction items needed and certificates for the couples, program designed, ads on the website. Then there is the anniversary event just two weeks after that and our calendar- we still have quite a few photo shoots left to do. It is a lot to get done in a short period of time. The good thing is that a lot has been done already and we are on track, I need to keep remembering that when I want to lose my little mind!

There are a lot of other things that need my attention too, but the most important thing right now is our calendar and two big events. I wish I had more time to work on other things, but since I can't delegate to anyone, I need to focus on these 3 big things for the time being.

Well friends, I am off to write my list for tomorrow and keep reading the book that I'm loving. I should go back to work for a bit, maybe I will. Until tomorrow...

No comments: