Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday Wonders

Well, there aren't any wonders happening today, but I thought it was a good title for the blog! So what's new? Our boxes are officially ordered and should be arriving by the end of this month- which is a lot sooner than I had expected. I'm not sure yet where they are going to be stored, but I'm going to be working on that tomorrow. I'm just relieved that we are going to be having our own boxes again. According to the box company, our logo will be even more prominent on these boxes which is good. Of course, it is disappointing that we now have to pay for them, but there is nothing I can do about that right now. I'm just happy that we have the money to pay for them and we're not going back to the old unprofessional look. The cost was reasonable- it is higher the first time because they have to design the template, but once it is in place, we won't have that charge again.

It is disappointing that we lost the sponsor, especially the way it happened. I always try to look back and see what I could have done differently, but in this situation, there wasn't much that I could have reasonably done. I'm going to work on finding a new box sponsor that can help pay for the next load of boxes.

I'm a little worried about one grant that we applied for. We have received this grant for the past couple of years, I was invited to apply last month- which we did, but haven't heard anything yet. The grant usually arrives by now. I was pretty confident that we would be included, but now I'm getting concerned. They might just be delayed. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Today, I did another donation of stuffed animals, books and some really nice toys to the Department of Children and Families. I always like donating there. It makes me happy to know that we can have some impact on children who are in foster care. That must be such a terribly traumatic experience for a child to go through- it is good to know that we can help in some way to make it a little easier.

Well friends, that's it for today. I'm going back to catching up on emails. Until next time...

No comments: