Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rejuvenation

Yes, it is almost 2 weeks since my last blog posting, but I was away! Not for the entire 2 weeks, but I went away to San Diego for 5 days. This was my first time on the west coast and it was wonderful. My sister was there for work, but we did have time to do fun stuff together and I went sightseeing on my own too. I took about a million photographs, added to my magnet collection and had a great time. So why am I writing about this in my work blog? Because I came back feeling rejuvenated. The only problem was that my rejuvenation was put on hold temporarily because I got a cold as soon as I returned home and was not very productive for quite a few days. I was back at full work mode today and feeling a lot better. I don't go away very often and this was my furthest trip, so I never really appreciated the benefits of getting away and having a complete change of scenery. While I was away, taking in all the new sights and sounds, I thought about the changes that I want to make with work, the things that need my attention and plans for the rest of the year. I walked along a cliff path in La Jolla (one of the most beautiful places I've seen) and sat on a bench and stared at the expansive Pacific Ocean and all the beautiful natural landscape around me. I thought about how much beauty there is in the world and how glad I was to be able to be sitting right there at that moment, taking it all in. I felt inspired to go home, back to the beauty in my own world and get back to work. When you see how lovely the world is, it inspires you to create the very best for yourself.

Well friends, that's my latest for tonight. There is lots of other things to write about, but I'm getting tired and I want to go eat my grapefruit, watch Jay Leno, then go to bed rather early. I am trying to make my bedtime 1/2 hour earlier- wish me luck! Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: