Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Growing

Well friends, this is my first blog posting as a 31 year old! I feel like I should suddenly become suddenly enlightened and write some fascinating post based on my maturing age- that will not be happening! I don't feel any different. I have been thinking about growing older. I was so young when I started Project Smile- only 23 when I first got the idea and started doing it, 24 when I started doing it full time 8 months later. I have learned so much in the last 8 years and really grown as a person. I have learned a lot both personally and professionally and I feel like I'm in a really good place. It will be ten years this spring that I graduated from college. If someone had told me then where I would be ten years later, I never would have imagined it, but that is OK. The most unimaginable things can be the most wonderful. My life is not perfect (is anyone's?), at the beginning of this month, I had to deal with some shocking news, but regardless of the many stresses that I have to deal with, things are quite wonderful. I'm an awfully happy 31 year old- happy that I have my family, my good friends, a job that I love which gives me so many opportunities to grow as a person, I'm also grateful for all the fun things that I get to do in life.

Over the last couple of years, I have been making an effort to seek out newness- try new things, go to new places- experience things. So of my experiences are limited because of financial constraints, but I still have made things happen. It is wonderful to try new things and be constantly growing- it is the same for Project Smile. We have to constantly grow- expand our program, expand our network of support and expand our fundraising. You can't allow yourself to become stagnate- either personally or with a business. Growth can be slow, but it is important to keep moving forward- keep learning how to do things better and improving.

Well friends, that's all I have for tonight. I think this might actually be a rather early night. Until next time..

No comments: