Friday, February 25, 2011

Latest and Greatest

Well, I had great plans for what I was going to accomplish when I got home tonight. This sentence is about all I have done. I went to my DWC Metro West networking group tonight- this was my first evening networking/speaker series as the chapter organizer. Jacki Rose did an awesome job with her public speaking skills presentation. I learned some ways that I can improve when I talk about Project Smile. I also need to work on speaking at other organizations. I haven't done much speaking about Project Smile lately. It is great when I can speak to groups about PS. I used to do quite a bit more of it.

I came home late and had dinner and that was about it. I was planning on getting back on the computer and responding to a lot of emails. I also was going to finish the big grant which is due early next week. I am almost done with it. It still needs some proofreading and tweaking and I have to write the cover letter and prepare the attachments that go with it. I'm not sure how I feel about this grant- they ask a lot of extensive questions and some of them don't necessarily apply to what we do. I need to get this grant wrapped up and start working on the three others that need attention.

I also started working on getting sponsors for our Anniversary Celebration. Another example of how I have an internal timing to repeat the same tasks at almost the same time- last night I thought how I needed to email a local company who usually sponsors our Anniversary event. This afternoon, I searched my emails to find the event sponsorship request email that I sent them last year- I had applied for a donation on February 24 of last year. I updated all our info and emailed the local company. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, we will have good news to report.

I also lined up two donations for next week to DCF and the Newton Police. I also left messages with some of the area homeless shelters to make follow up donations. The shelter that used to be in Milford closed late last year. I'm going to work on more follow up donations tomorrow after I get our grant done.

Well friends, that's the latest for tonight. I was falling asleep earlier but didn't want to go to bed without blogging. I'm really making an effort to get back to blogging regularly. I'm still going to bed earlier tonight. Last night, I ended up going to sleep late again and I could really feel it this morning. No grapefruit eating tonight- I ate 4 cookies instead (but they were small!). Until next time friends..

No comments: