Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Busy Week

I can't believe how quickly May is going. I'm getting nervous too because there is so much to get done, particularly for our fall events. I know that I panic like this every time and things work out, but that doesn't make the panic go away. I have a few bachelors/ettes who have signed up to do the date auction, but only a couple have sent me their info. Until they send their info in, it doesn't really count. We always end up with a wait list for people wanting to participate, but it gets nerve wracking because it takes a while to get things going.

This week, I need to work on calendar sponsors and grant writing. Things are moving fairly well with calendar sponsorship, but there is definitely one month that will need a new sponsor. One of the sponsors is no longer in business. There is a grant that I would like to get done this week. I'd also like to be at least half way through for calendar sponsors by the end of the week.

Today, I did a follow up donation to Auburn Police. They thought that I was also there to do the calendar photos as well. Auburn has been in the calendar a several times, but the last time was a few years ago. I wasn't prepared to do calendar photos- I didn't have the right camera with me. They were so enthused about getting the cruisers out and officers lined up for a good photo. One of the sergeants that helped recruit officers to participate said that my calendar photo was one of the best department photos that he had. He gave a copy of the photo to someone as a gift. Another of the officers who was in the calendar years ago with his young son, said that his son still keeps the calendar on his wall, turned to his month. It is great to hear things like that. I wish I heard it more often. I really enjoyed my visit to Auburn- they have a very friendly police department.

Tomorrow morning, I'm doing another donation to Southborough  Police, then zooming back to do grant work, contact more departments, calendar sponsors, event sponsors and auction items. Basically, I need to work on everything tomorrow. The big holiday weekend and summer kick-off is coming this weekend and I want to get everything in a good place for Friday. That translates into making progress on every front. On that note, I'm off to bed. I was going to send some emails, but I'm getting tired. Please wish me a Polly Productive day tomorrow (and the rest of the week). Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: