Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chugging Along

Today and yesterday were one of those days were one chugs along quietly, working on a bunch of different tasks. I don't have any earth shattering exciting news to share, I wish I did, but things are moving along fairly well. I have donations to two police departments scheduled for next week. They are both departments that we've donated to in the past. I am technically done with the grant that I have been working on. I could have mailed it today, but I wanted to stare at it some more. I actually did make some small changes to it today, so there definitely is an advantage to my grant staring procedure. I don't know if there is something else that I'm missing in the grant, because there was something that made me decide not to mail it today and it wasn't my not wanting to go to the post office. I'm going to take one more look at it tomorrow and then mail it.

I got a great new woman signed up for our date auction which I'm really excited about and it looks like she will be able to get her company to be involved as well, so that is really good. I was disappointed to find out that the marketing director at one of our biggest date auction sponsors has left the company. I've been working with her for years and she was always so pleasant and great to work with. There are certain people that one always looks forward to emailing in business and Nicole was one of them. The good thing is that she had already introduced me to one of her coworkers and the coworker has now taken her position. She seems really nice too and we are moving forward on the sponsorship that they had committed to. I've noticed that certain companies seem to employ really pleasant people that are great to work across the board with, while other companies seem to employ people that are universally difficult. Thankfully, this company has been great to work with.

Well, there is lots more to write about, but I am tired. I had a Smiling Stiletto event tonight which was a lot of fun, but now I'm ready to head to bed soon. I came home and devoured leftover ravioli, now I'm off to have my yogurt and pineapple. I'm supposed to go to a large networking event at the Comcast Center tomorrow, but I also feel like I need a night at home to relax and catch up on things. I should go to the networking event though. I particularly want to get more sponsors for our big fall events. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: