Friday, May 4, 2012

Thursday Happenings

Well, I almost headed to bed without blogging- but it didn't feel right to skip blogging, so here I am! So what's new? Well, I've been on an office cleaning spree for the last 2 hours. The office is looking better. It is amazing how papers pile up. I got rid of a bunch of papers that I don't need anymore which freed up some space. I was also catching up on thank you notes to people who have sent us stuffed animal donations.

Our donation of stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to Wrentham PD went well today. I forgot my camera, so I used my i-phone, that's why the picture is dark. I always like to get photos from our donations, so we can share them our supporters and show everyone what we are doing.

I did even less work on the grant today, all I did was look at it while drinking my tea this morning. I was going to work on it, but then I got wrapped up with event work and then headed out to our Wrentham donation and didn't get work on it when I got back. We got another sponsor back on board for the Anniversary Celebration. This sponsor had donated in the past for the event, but they didn't sponsor last year. I'm glad that they are back.

Tomorrow, I'm donating to Brookline PD, which will be our 171st department to work with. I remember back when we were working with only 30 departments- it is pretty amazing that we're onto 171 now. After Brookline, I'm stopping in Braintree to meet the sports dealer and return the auction items from Wine Fest that didn't sell and the stands that I borrowed. My goal is also to make some actual progress on the grant tomorrow and contact some more departments and work on event sponsors.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm glad that I blogged, even though I didn't have anything fascinating to share, it is always feels good to write about what's happening at Project Smile. Now, I'm off to eat my pineapple and yogurt. I'm also tempted to watch another episode of Wallander- it is a BBC mystery series which is really good. I have to return the DVD to the library tomorrow, but didn't get to watch all of the episodes. However, it is after midnight and the episode is 2 hours long and I don't want to do another 2am bedtime and I have a lot to do tomorrow- so I will be good and not watch. I will just have to borrow it again. Until next time friends...

No comments: