Friday, August 24, 2012

Tickets and Shoes

Well friends, the Date Auction ticket sale anxiety is setting in and probably isn't going anywhere for the next 3 weeks. Last week, we were ahead of tickets sales from that point last year, but now we are a little behind and that of course creates an internal panic. There is a knot that occurs below my chest and above my stomach and it pretty much never leaves until the Date Auction happens. We are copying all the exact same marketing from last year and even increasing it with our BSSC promotion. I've been reaching out to the people who are participating in the auction and asking them to spread the word to their friends/coworkers and social network to get them to attend- that is always one of the best ways to reach people. The good thing is that we are not in the hole for the event- we've actually exceeded our sponsorship goal. Every single ticket sold is all profit and of course all the proceeds from the event go directly to PS. Our goal is to match the $20,000 that we brought in last year. There is a ton of effort and time that goes into the Date Auction, so it needs to be an awesome attendance and we do need it to be a financial success. We want to raise money, raise awareness, make sponsors happy and build the buzz. Last year's event was the best ever, so there is every reason to expect that will continue- especially since we're doing all the same things as last year for marketing. However, nothing is ever a given and I worry just as much as the first time we did it. It doesn't get easier and it doesn't get less stressful.

In other news- the sample shoes arrived from Sofft and they look beautiful! Sofft also sent me a pair to wear for the Date Auction which I am incredibly excited for. I chose a pair of dark green suede pumps with an ankle strap. I couldn't wait to open the box and try them on. They look gorgeous- elegant and classic and they fit well too. I was prancing around in them for a bit this morning. I definitely will be wearing them a lot this fall. They are good shoes because you can wear them for work and also for an evening event. They are round toe which is my favorite style. It has been awesome to work with Sofft for the past 5 years. They are so supportive. It is a great promotion to have for the Date Auction. Among the samples they sent were a pair of leopard pumps which are absolutely adorable.

Today, I did another donation of stuffed animals, books, coloring books and crayons to SMOC which is based in Framingham and manages a number of homeless shelters throughout the area. They actually had a little girl in the room next door with her family- they were new to the program- and one of the staff members gave her a stuffed animal. She was very happy to get it. Here is a photo from today's donation.

Well, that's it for tonight. I'm off to bed- trying to stick to my 1am bedtime. Lisa, our designer, sent me a proof of our 2013 calendar this afternoon. I only had time to look at it quickly, it looks good. Tomorrow, I'll be working on proofing it and date auction promotion- those are the two biggest priorities. Until next time friends- please keep wishing me ticket sales...



No comments: