Thursday, August 30, 2012

Busy Days

Well, it is almost 12:30, but I didn't want to go to bed without blogging. Yesterday, I got an email from the lady that I work with at DCF. She said that the Lawrence office had an urgent need for stuffed animals and asked if I could make another donation. I'm dropping off some boxes tomorrow at the Boston office and they will send them to Lawrence. I'm happy that they reach out to us to help. Partnering with DCF is one of the best things that we've done.

Today, I did another donation to the State Police over 364 stuffed animals. They are very supportive of our efforts. It is a huge department and they deal with a lot of traffic accidents involving children, so it is really important that we're able to make ongoing donations there. I don't have a picture to share with you right now. I had my eyes closed in the picture on my camera, but the state police took a bunch of photos which they're going to email me. The ones from our last donation came out great, so I'm looking forward to seeing these ones.

In other news- I decided to give my credit card machine a test run this afternoon in it's store/forward mode and guess what- it didn't work! The S/F mode allows us to take the machine to events, swipe the credit cards and process them when I get back to a landline. I was going to test the machine next week to make sure it was working (the problem from our last event was supposed to have been fixed). However, I realized that I'd have to use the machine next week, so I decided to test it with my cc this afternoon. I immediately called the help line and they walked me through downloading another new program for it. I tested it again and it worked fine. I'm keeping the machine plugged in for the next few days. I'll test it again before the event next week. It is so important to stay on top of things- you can't take anything for granted that it is going to work fine. You need to check everything.

Our 2013 calendar is looking great. Lisa sent it back to me with the latest changes. It needs two more little things fixed, but other than that, it looks wonderful. The little girl on the cover is so adorable- you just want to reach through the picture and hug her! I'm going to wait a few days before I give Lisa the go ahead to do the final version. I like to keep looking at it to make sure everything is perfect. It is so important to look at things more than once- you see things differently when you step away and come back to something. You can notice mistakes that you haven't seen the other three times that you look at something. I think that is part of the reason that I'm a planner- I hate to be rushed- it is stressful and anxiety causing and it makes one prone to mistakes. When you take your time, relax and focus- you have a much better chance of a positive result. Also, I've spent so much time on this calendar and it is a huge thing for us- there is no reason to rush the final product.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm trying to stick to a 1am bedtime, but I've been failing miserably. I'm heading off to sleep now though- my eyes are tired and I'm starting to get a headache. Until next time friends...

No comments: