Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Polly Progress

Well, today was busy day. I zoomed over to Braintree to return the sports memorabilia items that didn't sell and then I zoomed up to Boston to drop off our donation of stuffed animals, books, coloring books and toys for the Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries annual children's holiday party. We've been donating items for their holiday party for the past few years. We donated a little over 200 items this time. We got some lovely book donations in recently, so I included a bunch of those. I also stockpiled some of the large boxes of crayons that have been donated over the year because those are perfect for events like this. We give out the smaller crayon packets in our regular donations. Here is a photo from today's donation.
I was able to finish a grant today and got it in the mail which I was really happy about. I hadn't actually planned on mailing it, but when I was driving home, I decided that I would just get it done and mailed today. It was almost done anyways. I struggled through grant writing yesterday. I've decided that grant writing is like exercise- if you haven't done it in a while, it hurts. The good news is that the grant is safely in the mail and now I can start working on the next one which is also due soon.

I've also been working on reaching out to the police and fire associations who usually make annual donations. I've contacted a number of them- some of them already donated at our Anniversary Celebration and I still have some more to do. I also need to write to the local Foundation about our Operation Elder Care program- where we donate stuffed animals for residents in nursing homes at holiday time. We did it last year at Christmas and it was a hit, so I definitely want to do it again this year.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to read this new mystery that I'm really enjoying and watch some more of the World Series. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: