Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome October

Ah, how did it become October already? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was working on the Date Auction? And the day before that I was taking calendar pictures? Now we are only 2 1/2 weeks away from our large fundraiser and last big event of the year.

The calendar is taking a very long time at the printers. I had received the initial proof in a timely manner and it was finalized early in the week following the Date Auction. I emailed the printer yesterday to check on it and it won't be ready until next week. I told them that I absolutely must pick it up by Oct. 12 and they said it would be ready. I don't know why it is taking so long. With the printer that I used to work with, the entire process took ten days. Now we will be going on 5 weeks to get it printed. I'm going to check in with the printer on Friday or Monday to make sure that things are on track. Obviously the calendar is a huge part of the Anniversary Celebration.

So what else is going on? Well, our Smiling Stiletto fashion show fundraiser is Thursday at Copley Place. I'm really excited for the event. It is only a small fundraiser, but Copley does most of the work for the event so that is perfect. Small fundraisers where we don't have to do a lot of work are awesome. The fashion shows are a lot of fun and it also helps with exposure for Project Smile. We get some great food and beverage vendors on board and there are lots of cool fashions. A member of Smiling Stiletto has been awesome in getting prizes donated for the shoe walk-off. He got a bunch of gift cards and a purse for us. It is wonderful when people make such an effort to help. Since he was so helpful, I asked him if he wanted to help judge the shoe walk-off along with our host Emily Riemer from News Channel 5 and stylist Tricia Cromwell.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to watch some more highlights from the Yankees win tonight- I missed watching most of the game, but I listened to it while driving home and the rushed in the door to turn on the TV and watch the last few extra innings. What a great ending for my Yankees! Until tomorrow friends....

No comments: